Applications Development Manager
Hours Per Week40
Location1515 N Rivercenter Dr-WI501
Job Description / Requirements
Are you ready to join us?
As the IT Applications Development Manager, you will be leading a team of software developers in the design and delivery of technology solutions in alignment with HSA Bank's strategic objectives. Your passion for maturing and advancing development best practices and processes to stay ahead of the rapidly changing technology curve will suit you and your team well. Your expertise across the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies will ensure your teams are working on the right things at the right time while maximizing operational efficiency and value-added outcomes. You are regularly intrigued by cloud technology, Agile DevOps, CI/CD automation, test automation, clean architecture/clean code, and cutting-edge technologies. If you are a dynamic leader who enjoys engaging with business partners, mentoring, and developing talent within your team, and delivering value-added outcomes, then we want to talk with you!
- Set vision and drive advancements in the maturity of the development practice including existing and new technologies, tools, processes, best practices, and standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups to review high level business requirements and determine architecture and solution design options for new Feature requests.
- Serve as a sounding board and technical advisor for the development team in the analysis, design, and execution of solutions. Help team evaluate scalability and flexibility of designs and avoiding unforeseen dependencies or gaps. Proactively consider the broader business implications of proposed IT solutions. Act as an escalation point in team trade-off decisions.
- Aware of what's going on in development by proactively engaging the team and attending Agile ceremonies. Provide leadership and technical expertise to construct release plans, validate sprint plans are achievable, and validate user story scope and estimation are appropriately sized.
- Oversee and ensure change control process is used correctly and adhered to by development team. Partner closely with release team on code deployments from lower to higher environments. Set source code control, branching, and build pipeline guidelines and ensure they are adhered to. Push for automation as much as possible.
- Conduct code reviews during development to ensure best practices and code standards are being followed. Use code reviews to share knowledge and experience with team members.
- Establish, monitor, and present key development metrics to measure effectiveness and efficiency of the practice. Share metrics with team and use them to drive positive change and behaviors, as needed.
- Proactively identify and resolve conflicts that arise between team members, assist with the removal of barriers to delivery, clear all impediments, and escalate as needed.
- Ensure quality, performance, and security of systems are optimal and meet both customer SLA's and internal/external audit expectations. Responsible for timely remediation of security risks or production support issues escalated to the development team. Occasional evening or weekend involvement required as "Critical" incidents require 24x7 support to root cause and remediate.
- Build trust with your team, cross-functional groups, and business partners through consistent communication and clear expectation setting. Ensure business objectives and solutions are clearly understood by your team and stakeholder groups.
- Optimize the talent on your team through career and individual development planning, proactive coaching, situational leadership, recurring touch bases, and team meetings. Perform goal planning and performance management activities. Clearly communicate expectations to your team members and provide ongoing feedback on a regular cadence.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree required. Advanced Degree is favorable.
- 10+ years of progressive software development experience in IT. 3+ years of previous IT team leadership experience required.
- Candidates with industry knowledge in financial services or healthcare is favorable.
- Effective communication at most levels of the organization required. Must be able to articulate IT strategy, roadmap, project, and continuous improvement goals, progress, and outcomes.
- Demonstrated competency in team leadership, organization, facilitation, coaching, conflict resolution, and collaborative problem solving required. Proven track record developing strategic relationships with cross-functional groups and stakeholders is favorable.
- Ideal candidate will be decisive, accountable (self and others), and able to clearly articulate thoughts and direction to leaders, business partners, peers, direct reports, and technology vendors. Proven track record of developing high performing teams and measurable business outcomes is favorable.
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented programming, distributed computing, multi-tier applications, component-based development, service-based development, design patterns, structure analysis, and database and file access methods.
- Strong technical proficiency of .NET development frameworks and C# programming language preferred. Basic to moderate experience with unit testing concepts and frameworks (i.e. SpecFlow), WebAPI REST services, WCF services, Angular, TSQL, SQL queries and stored procedures, and SSIS are favorable.
- Proven leadership and/or hands-on experience with cloud technologies (i.e AWS), Agile DevOps, automated CI/CD (i.e. GitLab), test automation, data integration (i.e. MuleSoft, BizTalk), identity management (i.e. Okta), and application security is preferred.