Associate Applications Developer
Hours Per Week40
Location1515 N Rivercenter Dr-WI501
Job Description / Requirements
HSA Bank is a trusted leader in consumer-directed healthcare (CDH), focusing on Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) for over two decades and serving as both the bank and administrator. Discover how we can support your benefits strategy with our comprehensive account-based health benefit solutions that include HSAs, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs), and Commuter Benefits. With a reputation for outstanding service and thought leadership in the CDH space, we offer one platform and one portal for all of our members. HSA Bank inspires 2.7 million members and more than 35,000 employer groups to own "your" health by making it easy to access, understand, and afford healthcare. As of September 30, 2018, HSA Bank has $7.2 billion in total footings comprising $5.6 billion in deposit balances and $1.6 billion in assets under administration through linked investment accounts, and is a division of Webster Bank, N.A., Member FDIC.
- POSITION SUMMARY
Collaborate with senior team members to make technical contributions relating to developing, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting components of information systems applications. Help define technical requirements, procedures, and processes to optimize performance efficiency.
- MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate as part of a software team practicing Agile.
- Review, interpret, estimate, and implement User Stories to working software.
- Analyze, design, code, test, and implement programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures.
- Review problems by using experience, analytical skills, and creative thinking to develop solutions.
- Adhere to defined programming standards and structured coding techniques. Maintain clean testable code with the support of Senior Developers and Architects.
- Collaborate in peer code reviews by providing comments and suggestions.
- Utilize software code version control and defect management tools.
- Perform unit testing before releasing code to QA.
- Create documentation, flowcharts, diagrams, layouts, and charts to demonstrate sound solutions.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in directly related field required.
- 1-2 years of professional IT experience.
- Experience with one or more programming languages and markup languages, preferably C# or VB.Net.
- Experience writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience with WebAPI RESTful services
- Basic knowledge of unit testing concepts and frameworks
- Basic knowledge of development tools, structure analysis, technical design techniques, and database and file access methods.
- Good communication skills.