Associate Software Developer
Date ActiveSep 1, 2021 2:44:00 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location1515 N Rivercenter Dr-WI501
Job Description / Requirements
At HSA Bank, we’re working toward a world where everyone is empowered to save for a healthy future. Our offerings in the healthcare savings space drive down healthcare costs, increase access, and assist with decision-making for consumers, health plans, partners, and advisors.
Are you ready to join us?
Collaborate with senior team members to make technical contributions relating to developing, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting components of information systems applications. Help define technical requirements, procedures, and processes to optimize performance efficiency.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate as part of a software team practicing Agile.
- Review, interpret, estimate, and implement User Stories to working software.
- Analyze, design, code, test, and implement programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures.
- Review problems by using experience, analytical skills, and creative thinking to develop solutions.
- Adhere to defined programming standards and structured coding techniques. Maintain clean testable code with the support of Senior Developers and Architects.
- Collaborate in peer code reviews by providing comments and suggestions.
- Utilize software code version control and defect management tools.
- Perform unit testing before releasing code to QA.
- Create documentation, flowcharts, diagrams, layouts, and charts to demonstrate sound solutions.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or directly related field required.
- 1-2 years of professional IT experience.
- Experience with one or more programming languages and markup languages, preferably C# or VB.Net.
- Experience writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience with Web API, RESTful services
- Basic knowledge of unit testing concepts and frameworks
- Basic knowledge of development tools (e.g. Visual Studio), structure analysis, and technical design techniques.
- Basic knowledge of relational database design and file access.
- Comfortable communicating in cross-functional teams.