Associate Systems Engineer
Date ActiveAug 3, 2022 12:28:27 PM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description / Requirements
At HSA Bank, we’re working toward a world where everyone is empowered to save for a healthy future. Our offerings in the healthcare savings space drive down healthcare costs, increase access, and assist with decision-making for consumers, health plans, partners, and advisors.
Are you ready to join us?
The Associate Systems Engineer will make independent, creative, and technical contributions to installing and managing system or server configurations and providing maintenance to ensure the integrity of the operating environment (monitor performance, predict requirements, implement changes, etc.). The Assoc. SE assignments may include oversight of 3rd party software packages, addressing security related issues, maintaining service account, resolving pertinent incidents, and assisting with other tasks as assigned. On-call and after-hours support is expected in this role.
Initial duties and responsibilities for the Associate Systems Engineer will be dictated by IT experience, technical capabilities and exposure to tools used in this role. Responsibilities and assigned tasks will expand based on progress of growth on the technical level and by the understanding of our complex and interrelated systems.
- Assist with the identification of issues affecting server availability, determination of the root cause of the issue
- Monitor server performance and capacity using available tools.
- Adhere to problem and change management policies.
- Contribute to system life cycle planning initiatives.
- Be available for on call job rotation.
- Work collaboratively with all IT functions.
- Interact with application development teams and related operations units to fully understand in-house software systems and business processes within those systems.
- Assist with any of the following as assigned: Certificate updates, Server Vulnerability remediation, Service Account updates, SSO setup and troubleshooting, SFTP setup and maintenance for both Clients and Partners.
- Utilize Incident management (Service Now) for items appropriately assigned
As competency in this position is gained:
- Support file processing through complex systems.
- Support 3rd party software systems as assigned.
- Support key backbone systems such as Sparak and WEX
- Address security issues as they arise and are assigned.
- Provide on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- 2-4 years of professional IT experience.
- Solid understanding of current/planned system service levels and disaster recovery procedures.
- Progressively responsible experience with mainframe and internetworking architectures in a production data center, or supporting a major operating system in a full scale, large volume production environment.