Hours Per Week40
Job Description / Requirements
HSA Bank is a trusted leader in consumer-directed healthcare (CDH), focusing on Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) for over two decades and serving as both the bank and administrator. Discover how we can support your benefits strategy with our comprehensive account-based health benefit solutions that include HSAs, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs), and Commuter Benefits. With a reputation for outstanding service and thought leadership in the CDH space, we offer one platform and one portal for all of our members. HSA Bank inspires 2.7 million members and more than 35,000 employer groups to own "your" health by making it easy to access, understand, and afford healthcare. As of September 30, 2018, HSA Bank has $7.2 billion in total footings comprising $5.6 billion in deposit balances and $1.6 billion in assets under administration through linked investment accounts. HSA Bank is a division of Webster Bank, N.A., Member FDIC.
The Business Systems Analyst works with the Process Owner and Business to understand the request and translate it into manner in which the development team can consume and implement. The BSA is responsible for Testing Strategy & UAT.
The Business System Analyst makes independent, creative, technical contributions to defining user business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects, production support and implementing IT business solutions.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Receive requests from Process Owner and break down the request into stories to translate to the Scrum team.
- Focuses on "Did we build the right thing?" by ensuring that the requirements align with the Process Owner and have been met by the Scrum Team.
- Identify risk and impact through subject matter expertise
- Facilitate requirements sessions with Business and IT Teams.
- Write user stories and define acceptance criteria.
- Refine and clarify user stories throughout the sprint.
- Participate in scrum ceremonies and demo to large audiences.
- Develop testing strategy and test cases, run test cases and help coordinate User Acceptance Testing.
- Think outside the box, not just how things have been done in the past.
- Demonstrate influence without authority.
- Demonstrate creativity and strong problem solving skills.
- Able to multi-task and be comfortable being pulled in multiple directions.
- Able to manage scope and escalate risk.
Education, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with various Agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Strong technical aptitude
- Deep expertise in business processes and systems (e.g. ETL, SQL)
- Familiar with the systems development life cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Job Reference #: 5000422626006