IT Audit Supervisor - REMOTE
Date ActiveSep 25, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description / Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The IT Audit Supervisor acts as the auditor in charge on assigned audits and partners with the line of business and IT to continuously improve Webster's IT governance, risk, and control environments. The scope of work for this position includes all vital IT and Cybersecurity projects. The IT Audit Supervisor participates in all aspects of the audit process, including periodic audit risk assessment and audit plan development, audit project execution, and advisory and special internal projects.
The successful candidate will bring significant (preferably, hands-on) IT knowledge and skills to all aspects of the role. It is important that the individual builds and maintains a network, including the line of business, IT, and HSA Bank leaders, to facilitate the continuous identification of emerging risks, understanding of long and short term strategy, and to fulfill the role of a reliable, objective, and trusted risk partner. The position requires the ability to explain complex risk concepts, and to evaluate and negotiate proposed management action plans with all levels of management, through effective face-to-face and written communications. The individual must keep up to date on latest IT technology trends and risks.
An IT Audit Supervisor makes recommendations to reduce risk or improve operations, while ensuring that audit work is performed in compliance with audit procedures and properly documented and supported. This individual is also responsible for providing leadership, coaching, and promoting teamwork to staff auditors and fellow team members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, performs, and supervises work on IT, and project auditing assignments under the supervision of the IT Audit Program Manager.
- Performs and/or supervises all aspects of engagement execution, including planning, fieldwork, and closing meetings with line of business.
- Facilitates team meetings and discussions with management.
- Identifies control weaknesses, assesses their impact, and formulates effective, practical recommendations for corrective actions.
- Reviews audit work for compliance with department and industry standards, and ensures work is properly documented and supported.
- Where applicable, coaches, directs, and supervises the audit staff throughout the engagement, and reviews their work on a timely basis for adequacy, and suggests possible improvements.
- Communicates and confirms audit results with management.
- Documents procedures used in each audit through preparation of detailed work papers.
- Prepares written audit reports to include audit objectives, scope, findings, and final recommendations. Participates in special projects in the department where appropriate.
- Actively pursues continuing professional education in line with the department's needs, and personal career goals.
- Promotes knowledge sharing among team members.
- Provides assistance for external audits as needed.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree required (IT discipline preferred.)
- Excellent organizational, communication, and report writing skills.
- Strong technology background in multiple IT disciplines (information security/cybersecurity, infrastructure, database, networking, application development, etc.), and working knowledge of audit practices and standards.
- Familiarity with industry standards and frameworks, such as NIST, COBIT, ITIL, and FFIEC, etc.
- Minimum 5 years related technology experience with a minimum of 3 years of IT audit experience.
- Professional certification: CIA, CISSP, CISA, CISM, or related audit/technical designation is preferred.