IT Supervisor - Application Development
Hours Per Week40
Location1515 N Rivercenter Dr-WI501
Job Description / Requirements
HSA Bank is a trusted leader in consumer-directed healthcare (CDH), focusing on Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) for over two decades and serving as both the bank and administrator. Discover how we can support your benefits strategy with our comprehensive account-based health benefit solutions that include HSAs, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs), and Commuter Benefits. With a reputation for outstanding service and thought leadership in the CDH space, we offer one platform and one portal for all of our members. HSA Bank inspires 2.7 million members and more than 35,000 employer groups to own "your" health by making it easy to access, understand, and afford healthcare. As of September 30, 2018, HSA Bank has $7.2 billion in total footings comprising $5.6 billion in deposit balances and $1.6 billion in assets under administration through linked investment accounts. HSA Bank is a division of Webster Bank, N.A., Member FDIC.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
The supervisor manages a group of software developers in support of HSA Bank's systems and processes within an agile development environment. Will be an expert in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and provide work direction and leadership to direct reports in order to deliver assigned work on time and within budget. With be a collaborator with IT and Business teams with an emphasis on timely and accurate communication.
II. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns and monitors work to team of direct reports aligning to organizational priorities.
- Provides consistent, accurate and timely updates to team members, stakeholders, and management on the status and issues surrounding assigned work.
- Provides technical direction, coaching, and mentoring to staff. Perform performance evaluations, help staff develop individual development plans as well as perform other related supervisory tasks.
- Acts as a resource to the team in helping team members provide solutions and resolve issues. Actively participate in hands-on development, in a limited capacity, as needed.
- Works with Manager for resource and systems capacity planning and estimation efforts for the applications development team.
- Responsible for satisfactory internal and external audits of systems by ensuring compliance with Bank's policies such as IT Governance, Info Security and more. Ensures all reviews and necessary documentation are provided.
- Attends agile ceremonies, solutions design/review, change control, and release management meetings. Analyzes impacts, contributes to decisions, and shares information between teams.
- Collaborates with end user community and maintain an environment of partnership. Provide fast and accurate solutions. Proactively remain engaged and aligned with user community on assigned work.
- Proactively considers the broader business implications of proposed IT solutions to current and future business needs.
- Use comparative analysis techniques to evaluate and recommend overall IT solutions for client/organization. Provide senior level consulting services to internal business groups and peers on process improvement projects designed to improve business and IT results.
- Formulates and define system scope and objectives. Analyze, design, code, test and implement solutions of varying complexity. Follow code standards, best practices, and release control process.
- Leads team in the requirements analysis activities for the projects to which they are assigned. Oversees technical design estimates and specifications and hold others accountable.
- Develops detailed application, product, and/or tool selection evaluation criteria and conclusions.
- Coordinates production releases with internal and external partners. Manages associated risks effectively by producing appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Works with manager to oversee vendor relationships to ensure conformance with agreed upon SLAs.
- Is available for emergency support, possibly carrying company provided pager or cell phone.
- All other supervisory duties assigned.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field.
- 7 years of professional IT and business systems experience.
- 3 years of experience in leading small to mid-size teams.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal skills to include: verbal, written and technical communication skills.
- Skilled problem solver that is very detail-oriented.
- Strong knowledge of programming and software development practices.