Member Service Coordinator - Financial Service Ops
Hours Per Week40
Job Description / Requirements
At HSA Bank, we're working toward a world where everyone is empowered to save for a healthy future. Our offerings in the healthcare savings space drive down healthcare costs, increase access, and assist with decision-making for consumers, health plans, partners, and advisors.
Are you ready to join us?
To provide world-class customer service to our accountholders through performance of complex Member Services functions including but not limited to processing of ACH origination/receipt; ACH returns/NOC's; NSF, inclearing, return and forward cash letters; check adjustments; statement processing; research requests; file processing; SOX testing; year-end tax processing; and performing complex reconciliations. Additionally, this role includes training, troubleshooting, research and quality control checks. Maintain compliance with Federal and State regulations, NACHA rules and regulations as well as Webster/HSA Bank policies and procedures. Meet/exceed individual performance goals, service level objectives, and demonstrate operational excellence. Proven proficiency in all major skill sets. Support continuous improvement efforts and demonstrate self- motivation, flexibility, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Process and oversee complex ACH origination/receipt; ACH returns/NOC's research requests; NSF, inclearing, return and forward cash letters; check adjustments; statement processing; research requests; file processing; SOX testing; year-end tax processing; and performing complex reconciliations in a responsible, timely and accurate manner.
- Perform rotation of daily tasks and help co-workers with tasks as needed to evenly distribute workloads. Prioritize and perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- Periodically perform daily tasks remotely if necessary.
- Perform accountholder and business partner outreach to resolve returned transactions or processing issues.
- Create, take ownership of and make changes to departmental procedures. Communicate changes and reinforce operational policies and procedures to the team effectively and efficiently.
- Resolve problems on a case-by-case, customer-by-customer basis which may include policy, procedure, process, compliance and risk assessment.
- Work with strict hourly and daily deadlines to ensure funds are sent to the Federal Reserve on a timely basis.
- Assist in training of Member Services Coordinators. Available resource to the immediate Member Services team.
- Perform quality monitoring of Member Services Coordinators'
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) by understanding, articulating, and implementing best practices for the processes and procedures the team is responsible for. Participate in projects and testing as required.
- Research and respond appropriately to interdepartmental and business partner inquiries regarding employer groups and consumers. If inquiry is outside the department, reassign inquiries to correct department(s) using available resources.
- Take ownership of escalated issues and report systems or policy issues to appropriate parties.
- Act as an advocate for the customer by submitting feedback through appropriate channels.
- Consistently meet/exceed all customer service standards
- Model behavior consistent with Webster's values, policies and procedures.
- Lead team meetings/huddles and promote a continuous improvement culture for the team.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- High School / GED required.
- Continuing education in Business or Finance desired.
- 2 - 3 years' experience in banking or financial services industry
- Transaction processing and knowledge of compliance policy and regulations
- Experience in balancing and account reconciliation preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel required (create macros and edit formulas, copy and paste data, sort, perform formatting, rename a file)
- Proficiency in 10-key
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Troubleshooting and problem analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses the ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality of company and customer information.
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work with a diverse work force and customer base
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability. Handles day-to-day challenges confidently and willing to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently use a variety of technologies and software programs
- Demonstrates ability to think critically
- Strong commitment to achieving personal growth and success
- Ability to remain organized, motivated, and self-disciplined when working remotely
Licenses / Certifications:
- ACH Certificate desired
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Typical office environment / working conditions
- Must remain at workstation for long periods of time
- Heavy keyboard/mouse usage required (repetitive movements)
- Non-Standard 40 Hours, 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday. Ability to work a rotating shift of tasks between the hours of 4:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (varying start times of 4:0m. -- 9:30 a.m.).
- Overtime hours will be mandated as necessary.
- Travel to alternate office location on occasion to assist with training
- Paid Time Off (PTO) approval is limited to one person at a time
- Remote processing may be required to support business needs. Mobile equipment will be provided. Internet access is the responsibility of the employees.