Member Service Lead - ACH Operations
Hours Per Week40
Location1515 N Rivercenter Dr-WI501
Job Description / Requirements
Learn, grow, and achieve more with HSA Bank.
HSA Bank has over 20 years of experience in guiding our customers toward sound financial decisions, and we warmly invite you to join us in delivering a genuine, values-based experience to all we serve. Our team takes immense pride in offering our customers financial products designed to protect their health and wealth.
Founded in 1997, we are a leading provider of Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and other healthcare solutions used by over 35,000 employers and more than 3 million members. HSA Bank is a division of Webster Bank, N.A., a national banking services provider.
To provide world-class customer service to our accountholders through performance and oversite of complex Member Services functions including but not limited to processing of ACH origination/receipt; ACH returns/NOC's; file processing; and performing complex reconciliations. Additionally, this role includes training, troubleshooting, research; quality control checks; and assistance with internal/external audits. May be focused on metric gathering/analysis of staff, coaching and leadership. Maintain compliance with Federal and State regulations as well as Webster/HSA Bank policies and procedures. Meet/exceed individual performance goals, service level objectives, and demonstrate operational excellence. Proven proficiency in all major skill sets. Drive continuous improvement efforts and demonstrate self- motivation, flexibility, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Actively assist the Supervisor/Manager in leading the Member Services ACH team by providing operational expertise and support
- Recommend appropriate internal resource(s) to assist team with inquiries.
- Assist in observations and on-the-spot coaching/training of service team.
- Provide on-the-spot constructive and/or positive feedback to team based on observations.
- Resolve problems on a case-by-case, customer-by-customer basis which may include policy, procedure, process, compliance and risk assessment.
- Available resource to the rest of the Member Services team as well as first level of escalation
- Take ownership of escalated issues and report systems or policy issues to appropriate parties.
- Act as an advocate for the customer by submitting feedback through appropriate channels.
- Ensure proper and adequate staff training, including new hire and ongoing training
- Ensure training documents are current with the corresponding current processes
- Facilitate continued improvement in the new hire training program both in training time and skills sets trained
- Assist the supervisor manager with identifying trends with regard to areas of learning opportunities for team.
- Assist in analyzing data gathered to make recommendations to supervisor on staffing, training opportunities and educational opportunities for customers.
- Assists in the preparation of department performance presentations. Timeframes can vary from weekly to monthly to annual performance.
- Take an active role in projects related to Member Services.
- Regularly review and update procedures
- Promote teamwork and a positive working environment in order to achieve team goals.
- Work with supervisor to establish individual development goals.
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks at the same time
- Consistently meet/exceed all customer service standards, goals and objectives
- Model behavior consistent with Operations customer service standards, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
REQUIREMENTS: Describe the educational background, experiences and skills necessary for successful performance in this position.
- High School / GED required.
- Some college preferred
- 3-5 years of data entry, banking operations experience or related secondary education required
- 2 years team specific experience desired
- 2 years of experience in process building, training, testing and analytics desired
- Previous leadership experience desired
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong troubleshooting and decision making skills
- Intermediate project management skills
- Basic managerial/leadership skills
- Utilize communication and problem solving skills to effectively manage escalated calls and emails.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses the ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality of company and customer information.
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work with a diverse work force and customer base
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability. Handles day-to-day challenges confidently and willing to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change.
- Strong commitment to achieving personal growth and success
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Typical office environment / working conditions
- Must remain at workstation for long periods of time
- Heavy keyboard/mouse usage required (repetitive movements)
- Standard 40 Hours, 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday. Consistent 8 hour shift can be chosen between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Before/After Hour on call support for team with varying start times of 6:30AM -- 8:30AM
- Overtime hours will be mandated as necessary
- Annual PTO "blackout" periods will apply during peak processing times from mid-December to the end of January and again in mid-April
- May be required to work during year end may include some holidays
- Commute between locations at minimum 2 times per month or 1 time per week on an ongoing basis (more often as needed when training)
- Remote processing may be required to support business needs. Mobile equipment will be provided. Internet access is the responsibility of the employees.