Partner Service Specialist
Hours Per Week40
Location605 N 8th St. STE 320-WI101
Job Description / Requirements
Learn, grow, and achieve more with HSA Bank.
HSA Bank has over 20 years of experience in guiding our customers toward sound financial decisions, and we warmly invite you to join us in delivering a genuine, values-based experience to all we serve. Our team takes immense pride in offering our customers financial products designed to protect their health and wealth.
Founded in 1997, we are a leading provider of Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and other healthcare solutions used by over 35,000 employers and more than 3 million members. HSA Bank is a division of Webster Bank, N.A., a national banking services provider.
The Partner Services Specialist is the decision maker for the Partner Services team in servicing of customers to ensure a positive customer experience. Make policy exceptions that fit within the risk appetite. Primary responsibilities include answering employee product questions, first line escalated calls, tracking team performance, staff coaching and department leadership. Monitors all incoming telephone queues to ensure all calls are answered within our servicing level agreements and prioritizes calls accordingly. Helps to ensure HSA Bank maintains compliance with Federal and State regulations as well as Webster/HSA Bank policies and procedures. Meets/exceeds individual service goals, and demonstrates operational excellence. Respond to, investigate, negotiate and resolve customer complaints through extensive research and collaboration with other departments.
- First line decision maker on impacts to customer experience like account fee waivers and bank processes that result in bank costs.
- Ability to thoroughly research and analyze a situation in order to make policy exceptions that fit within the risk appetite.
- Retain existing customers via reactive servicing through phone queue or email correspondence by providing exceptional problem solving, ownership, and follow through.
- Handle first line escalated calls to solve problems which may include policy, procedure, process, compliance and risk assessment.
- Actively provides operational expertise and support to the Business Relations team.
- Monitors the phone queues and prioritize calls accordingly to ensure all areas of Business Relations are meeting our service levels.
- Recommends appropriate internal resource(s) to assist team with inquiries.
- Assists in employee observations and on-the-spot coaching/training of service team.
- Provides on-the-spot constructive and/or positive feedback to team based on observations.
- Takes ownership of escalated calls and issues and reports systems or policy issues to appropriate parties.
- Acts as an advocate for the customer by submitting product enhancement feedback through appropriate channels.
- Creates and maintains procedures to ensure all procedures are in line with the corresponding current processes and compliance guidelines.
- Assists the supervisor/manager with identifying trends with regard to areas of learning opportunities for team.
- Assists in analyzing data gathered to make recommendations to supervisor on staffing, training opportunities and educational opportunities for customers.
- Promotes teamwork and a positive working environment in order to achieve team goals.
- Participates in team-training sessions consistent with the Business Relations' customer service standards and guidelines.
- Works with supervisor/manager to establish individual development goals.
- Prioritizes and performs multiple tasks at the same time.
- Consistently meets/exceeds all customer service standards, goals and objectives.
- Models behavior consistent with the Business Relations' customer service standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work within multiple systems while addressing, researching and determining a solution to resolve the customer's concerns and questions.
- Responsible for department user acceptance testing of systems and features.
- Product knowledge expert on multiple product lines including Health Savings Accounts, Health Reimbursement Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, etc.
- Ability to understand and knowledgably explain to clients the benefits and impact of IRS Tax regulations in relationship to the accounts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- High School / GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 4 years of call center or customer service related experience (i.e., office work, working with customers, work study jobs, etc.), 6 years with previous supervisory experience preferred.
- 2 years of HSA Bank experience is preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability. Handles day-to-day challenges confidently and willing to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Hands-on positive management style. Leads for results and success, persists despite obstacles and opposition.
- Attracts, motivates, develops and retains a strong team that sets high standards for performance; is committed to organizational goals.
- Fosters open communication. Provides timely, high quality information up and down the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of all areas of business operations.
- Keen ability to interact with clients at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in customer relations, personnel development, process management, problem analysis, verbal/written communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal skills needed.
- Energetic, results-oriented professional
- Must have effective executive level communications skills.
- Must be "take charge" type that can effectively lead the team through problem solving to implementation of solutions for difficult productivity and service issues in a call center
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Typical office environment/working conditions
- Ability to work the 10:30 AM-7:00 PM Monday-Friday shift
- Ability to work additional hours, as needed, including overnight and weekends
- Must remain at workstation for long periods of time
- Repetitive keyboard/mouse usage required
- Occasional travel between Sheboygan and Milwaukee locations