Date ActiveMay 5, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description / Requirements
At HSA Bank, we're working toward a world where everyone is empowered to save for a healthy future. Our offerings in the healthcare savings space drive down healthcare costs, increase access, and assist with decision-making for consumers, health plans, partners, and advisors.
Are you ready to join us?
As Web Architect, you will influence IT strategy, SDLC processes, governing policies, and solution architecture and design. You are a passionate thought leader and advocate for technology advancement, best practices, code standards, modernization, and optimization of systems. You enjoy coaching to elevate technical team skills and knowledge. You are comfortable presenting information, asking insightful questions, socializing solutions, and building consensus at various levels of the organization. You see the "big picture" and use your experience and solid understanding of design principles to create architectural approaches that result in high quality IT solutions that are scalable, flexible, and maintainable.
The Web Architect will work with technologies across all facets of web applications, websites, portals. The ideal candidate should have 10+ years of Software Development experience with advanced understanding of software architecture (.NET Frameworks, front end frameworks, integration frameworks), web security, OOP design principles and patterns, DevOps, CI/CD (GitLab, ADO, Jenkins), Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure),
- Providing guidance for the architectural planning for frameworks.
- Creating technical literature, such as training materials or sample code, to encourage acceptance of frameworks.
- Ensuring system integrity by utilizing proper architectural designs.
- Evaluate design alternatives based on quality properties (e.g., performance, scalability, usability, ease of maintenance, security) and from a total cost of ownership standpoint.
- Make architectural design decisions based on best available (i.e. sometimes incomplete) information and document them as part of the architectural description.
- Select or develop architecturally significant scenarios for development in prototypes, proofs of concept, or early development iterations.
- Provide technical direction to personnel performing systems analysis and system/application development tasks.
- Develop and build strong relationships across the business to effectively influence and accomplish strategic application architecture objectives.
- Contribute to the development of complex solutions. Hands-on involvement will be flexible, at your discretion.
- Assist your team with the development of resource and time estimates for system/application architecture definition and documentation tasks.
- Understand functional and nonfunctional requirements for complex systems/applications and help develop nonfunctional requirements if necessary.
- Mentor and develop new or less experienced team members.
- Evaluate application security findings and remediate as necessary with development teams.
- Understand corporate technology standards and policies and be able to communicate their implications to Scrum teams as they relate to specific development efforts.
- Understand the overall enterprise architecture and help Scrum teams rationalize their system/application architectures to the enterprise architecture where appropriate.
- Participate in a committee that reviews new solution requests for applications, projects, and other initiatives.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree required. Advanced Degree is favorable.
- 10+ years of progressive software development experience in IT.
- 3+ years of experience in the design of component and/or service-based systems/applications.
- Industry knowledge in financial services or healthcare is not required, but favorable.
- Experience .NET development frameworks.
- Experience with Data Integrations (MuleSoft, Apigee)
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Experience with Identify Management (Okta) and SSO best practices and protocols.
- Experience with code collaboration and CI/CD pipelines (GitLab, ADO, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket).
- Understanding of web security vulnerability management
- Familiarity with code scan tools (e.g. Veracode, GitLab, SonarQube, AppScan, Contrast).
- Knowledge of SAFe and experience working with Agile tools (Jira, Confluence).
- Experience with unit tests and automated test strategies and frameworks (SpecFlow).
The estimated salary range for this position is $115,000 USD to $135,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.