Sr Business Analyst / Scrum Product Owner
Hours Per Week40
Location1515 N Rivercenter Dr-WI501
Job Description / Requirements
Learn, grow, and achieve more with HSA Bank.
HSA Bank has over 20 years of experience in guiding our customers toward sound financial decisions, and we warmly invite you to join us in delivering a genuine, values-based experience to all we serve. Our team takes immense pride in offering our customers financial products designed to protect their health and wealth.
Founded in 1997, we are a leading provider of Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and other healthcare solutions used by over 35,000 employers and more than 3 million members. HSA Bank is a division of Webster Bank, N.A., a national banking services provider.
We are an Agile shop using Scrum to plan and deliver IT business solutions. The Senior Business Analyst is also viewed as the Scrum Product Owner of their Scrum team. The Senior Business Analyst works closely with the Process Owners and Business stakeholders to understand business needs and deconstruct those needs into user stories which the scrum team can consume and implement.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Receives new Epics and/or Features and breaks them down into user stories to translate to the Scrum team. Facilitate requirements sessions with Business and IT Teams.
- Write user stories and define acceptance criteria.
- Preparation, organization, and facilitation of backlog refinement/grooming sessions with the Scrum Team.
- Participates and facilitates scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, retrospectives, and live sprint reviews with large audiences.
- Focuses on "Did we build the right thing?" by ensuring requirements align with the Process Owner and have been met by the Scrum Team.
- Identify risk and impact through subject matter expertise.
- We have a QA team that performs a wide array of testing responsibilities. The Senior Business Analyst may need to help the team complete testing based on time to delivery needs.
- After QA signoff, the Senior Business Analysts plans and tests acceptance criteria signoff of Epics and Features.
- The Senior Business Analyst plays a role in engaging and facilitating UAT with the Process Owner and Business teams.
Education, experience, and skills:
- Bachelors Degree of Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration; or equivalent experience in a directly related field.
- 7+ years of professional IT and business systems experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on Business Analysis experience working with IT and Business teams.
- 2+ years of experience working within an Agile (i.e. Scrum) methodology.
- Proven experience with requirement elicitation, writing business requirements or user stories, work estimation techniques, and hands-on testing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include: verbal, written and technical communication skills.
- Skilled problem solver that is very detail-oriented.
- Both business and tactical acumen expertise is required to facilitate engagement with stakeholder and technical teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of the SDLC (i.e. Software Development Life Cycle).
- Think outside the box, not just how things have been done in the past.
- Demonstrate influence without authority.
- Demonstrate creativity and strong problem solving skills.
- Able to multi-task and be comfortable being pulled in multiple directions.
- Able to manage scope and escalate risk.