Supervisor - IT Quality Assurance
Hours Per Week40
Location1515 N Rivercenter Dr-WI501
Job Description / Requirements
HSA Bank is a trusted leader in consumer-directed healthcare (CDH), focusing on Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) for over two decades and serving as both the bank and administrator. Discover how we can support your benefits strategy with our comprehensive account-based health benefit solutions that include HSAs, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs), and Commuter Benefits. With a reputation for outstanding service and thought leadership in the CDH space, we offer one platform and one portal for all of our members. HSA Bank inspires 2.7 million members and more than 35,000 employer groups to own "your" health by making it easy to access, understand, and afford healthcare. As of September 30, 2018, HSA Bank has $7.2 billion in total footings comprising $5.6 billion in deposit balances and $1.6 billion in assets under administration through linked investment accounts. HSA Bank is a division of Webster Bank, N.A., Member FDIC.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
This position works under the direction of the IT Development & QA Manager and will oversee the day-to-day planning and tactical execution of QA resources and assignments in alignment with organizational priorities. The team is responsible for developing and documenting test frameworks, coordinating the planning and execution of testing, and working with technical and non-technical teams. The Supervisor is accountable for high-quality and on-time delivery of QA services delivered. This individual will champion a culture of knowledge building, transfer, and retention of HSA Bank's systems and processes within the QA team and have a solid understanding of software quality assurance methodologies, processes, and tools including the overall IT SDLC. Being an effective communicator and collaborator with strong interpersonal skills coupled with a passion for serving as a quality management champion is highly desired.
II. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates day-to-day planning and execution of QA activities. Assigns and monitors work assignments and oversees staff workload by understanding project requirements, estimates, project schedules, priorities, and resource forecasts.
- Provides technical leadership, driving QA best practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional test strategies, frameworks, plans, specifications, and automation.
- Reviews test plans, estimates, environment and data requirements, and documentation. Monitors progress of deliverables and provides guidance to complete testing within established timelines. Coordinates test cycles/calendar to meet release and project schedules.
- Oversee effective utilization of test environments to support multiple projects and releases from low environments to production.
- Acts as a resource to the team. Helps staff provide solutions and resolve issues. Participates in hands-on testing, as needed.
- Leads triage, prioritization, categorization, and communication of system defects.
- Measures quality of features by tracing testing results to requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Facilitates early engagement of QA resources in the SDLC, identifies opportunities for QA transformation, and continually builds knowledge of systems and processes within the QA team.
- Proactively is engaged and aligned with user community and cross-functional teams. Maintains an environment of partnership by proactively collaborating with testing partners, project management, business analysis, application development, and support teams to foster a team based approach to high quality solutions and deliverables.
- Performs performance evaluations and helps staff develop individual development plans. Creates a positive can do environment fostering the values of initiative and accountability. Actively coaches and mentors direct reports providing feedback to foster professional growth and development.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains metrics for measuring performance of QA operations and reporting that provides visibility, traceability, and status of QA activities and performance.
- May lead formal reviews of test strategies,plans, and cases with cross-functional teams or management.
- Partners with Manager on QA strategy development and/or product and tool evaluations and utilization.
- All other supervisory duties assigned.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- 10 years of IT and business systems experience with 3 years leading small teams. Broad exposure across SDLC required.
- 7 years of QA experience with understanding of test frameworks, automation, integration, regression, and stress testing.
- Working knowledge of test methodologies, processes, tools (Selenium, Python or any programming language, Appium, JIRA, STLC, ALM, Zephyr). Knowledge of relational databases/SQL. Experience working with black box/grey box testing.
- Experience working with client-server architectures, test automation, web/UI, and backend integrations with RESTful API's.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal skills to include: verbal, written and technical communication.
- Experience in the insurance or financial services industry preferred, but not required.